Totally Looks Like!

TIF

I have a new purchase I swear is cursed; it's an Antoninianus of Lucifer. This is the actual auction posting, please note the 666 Lot number. That's right 666. The coin is suppose to be a Barbarous Imitation of Tetricus I, but I swear its a portrait of Lucifer on the obverse, and him as a Satyr, including horns and goat legs, behanding a victim on the reverse.

image.jpg.c5873e24dc1ff4766cb14c2ebee7b5dd.jpg

• Like 5
  • Big Smile 1
  • Cool 1
  • Heart 1
  • Shock 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Benefactor
1 hour ago, Heliodromus said:

Marc Antony looks consistently odd on his coins, and not what I'd consider handsome (but what do I know), but maybe a bit like Kirk Douglas ?

image.png.c0c09f9225ab9a2f99b1bbf46ad07c47.png

For whatever reason, Marc Antony's coin portraits have always reminded me of Tony Bennett. That nose and chin. (I'm too lazy to find an appropriate photo of Anthony Dominick Benedetto. But he was certainly Italian -- more so than the former Issur Danielovitch!)

• Like 3

• Benefactor

Classic thread, @TIF

Here are a few that I featured a while back in my Gallienus post, but they really belong here.

image.jpeg.8e0a53f401d97503c0e0869a55ca1d83.jpegHere’s a poster I couldn’t resist because it reminds me of an old friend. I made many trips up and down the East Coast back in the '70s and '80s, and I frequently saw the image of the “Mudflap girl,” hanging from the back end of 18-wheelers. They were very common back then.

This one’s for stevex6. I’m sure he’s loving it.

image.jpeg.93af41f54bc43b7240932fbecacebe17.jpeg

Edited by LONGINUS
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Yes 1