Coin for butterflies

panzerman

I have been out of the loop/ work is taking al of my time/ can hardly wait for Winter!

Even with crazy hrs I have added 25 new coins since April. This coin from Hentzen/ MA-shops struck my fancy/ 

Spanish Netherlands (Burgundy) Duchy of Brabant

AV Double Souverain d'oro 1619 (mintage 438) RRRR one known according to Delmonte

Brussels Mint/ mm=Angels Head

Archduke/ Aurchduchess Albrecht VII & Elizabeth 1598-1621

.ALBERTVS.ET.ELISA  BET.DEI.GRA  TIA.DVCES

Albrecht & Elizabeth enthroned/ facing/ Albrecht holding Sword/ Elizabeth Scepter

.AVSTRIAE.DVCES.BVR  GVNDIAE.BRABANT

Crowned Shield with Collar of the Order of the Golden Fleece

10.77g.     39mm.      .919     6h

Vanhoudt 612.BS    Fr. 95    de Witte 938   Delmonte 156   van Gelder&Hoc 304-3b

ex: Archer Huntingdon Collection

Cost me 19K Euros worth of bugs.....

combined77448.jpg

• Like 15
  • Gasp 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Yes 1

Thanks CPK/ Kali 😇 I had a chance to win one from Hess Auction back in 2011/ but it sold for over 26K SFRCS. Plus it was a more common high mintage ex.

Seems this Archer Huntingdon had a vast coll. of coins from Spain/ colonials/ European domains. He even had a 50 Execelente!

• Like 2

Yes/ I think a few from Franklin Mint circa late 1970s from Papau New Guinea/ Solomons Is. That was back when I was still uninformed before I saw the light and started collecting classical coins. Thanks to NFA Auctions when they sent me a complimentry catalogue/ also Tkalec AG. I still have all those modern coins. My fav. modern proof set is the 5 piece Biafra 1969 issue/ also the Uganda 1969 set/ biggest coin weighs 4+ oz.

• Like 3