All the countries where I’ve bought coins so far!

JayAg47

Here’s a list of countries where I’ve purchased coins, both modern and ancient. Over 95% of these purchases were made online, thanks to modern technology, with the remainder coming from local coin shops and shows. I created this map based on 300 recorded transactions (not individual coins) in Excel, though there are small purchases I didn’t log. Most of my acquisitions were domestic, followed by the US, UK, France, and India. Surprisingly, I haven’t bought any coins from Switzerland despite its well-known dealers. Greece or Turkey are out of the option due to their regulations. Interestingly, the only ancient coin I bought from an Italian eBay seller wasn’t Roman but a misattributed Pandyan coin! I haven’t acquired any coins from the Middle East, except the UAE, thanks to Zurqieh, nor from Africa or South America, though I’m aware of some online ancient coin dealers in Brazil. And none from China, unless you count the Morgans I bought from an 'American' eBay seller who shipped them via China Post that turned out to be fakes. 

d8c5gg7-e34e1d38-1b51-4e9e-a17a-2dcaae1636c1.png.15a04c4c48e8e9792c26f0481f87be4e.png

Edited by JayAg47
  • Like 9

this is a cool post and something i've been tracking a bit in my collection as well.

You have some very cool locations, which i assume comes from your Austrialian home. 

My most "exotic" location i've purchase from is Tblisi, Georgia, of which i have a cool envelop with many local stamps covering. the coin isn't awesome but i keep it in my tray specifically because of the origin country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ela126 said:

this is a cool post and something i've been tracking a bit in my collection as well.

You have some very cool locations, which i assume comes from your Austrialian home. 

My most "exotic" location i've purchase from is Tblisi, Georgia, of which i have a cool envelop with many local stamps covering. the coin isn't awesome but i keep it in my tray specifically because of the origin country.

The next best thing from buying coins from these exotic locations are the stamps that come with them, in fact I made a collage of them a few years ago and have more stamps stored away, I'm sure there are better way to display these. Before the war broke out, I used to buy some cheap denarii from Ukraine, a peculiar thing was they send coins stuck in between fridge magnets showing their scenery! 

IMG_6530.jpeg.63de0191292e4a39be6dab4d6df0f910.jpeg.9d1f303d34a9355f7fc8698b0b0ee7d4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Heart 1