Japan 10 Sen (十銭) Meiji 30 (明治三十年) 1897

ewomack

Not too long ago, someone typed that they would like to see more world coin discussions here. So, here goes an attempt. Diverting from my current ancient obsession, I recently picked up a Japanese Dragon silver coin, one of my all-time favorite designs. It's not a rare coin with a mintage of 20,357,439. It's also not at a top grade at MS 63. But it came at a decent price and I just love these designs. I had not yet added one of the smaller 10 Sen coins to my dragon family. Also, I tend to prefer modern coins slabbed. It's a bizarre inconsistency I have with ancients, which I really don't prefer slabbed (I only have 2 slabbed ancients). So, this was just a fun, non-stressful purchase. Nice dragon, nice price, nice coin. That pretty much sums it up.

1897_M30_10Sen_Obv.png.e58105531c864aec7dcec9dab48b736c.png1897_M30_10Sen_Rev.png.b2af011004f7a0ace721ac24c114cfc7.png
Empire of Japan (大日本), 10 Sen (十銭), Meiji 30 (明治三十年) or 1897, NGC MS 63, JNDA 01-24

Here is how it fits in with my dragon family (1 Yen, 50 Sen, 20 Sen, 10 Sen). Someday I hope to spot a decently priced 5 Sen Dragon.
PetDragons.png.26ef0afb736ac9db3ac6ace29b0f40ee.png

Please share any dragon coins that you have!

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 2