A tetra tray shot :D

CassiusMarcus

29 minutes ago, TIF said:

They are all marvelous.  I'm envious of your Lysimachos tets-- I've put off finding one and am now deterred by price.  I particularly like the second one 😍.

thanks! 

I would say its my favourite type, i really love Lysimachos tets, i have 9 of them at this moment but getting rid of two soon 😛 

• Like 1

Wow. Wonderful coins!!! I like natural light but my photos tend to be a mix. Sometimes artificial works better and sometimes natural works better.

Natural light. 
Ptolemy_Soter_bl.jpeg.880bb30e5f281ff02bb283cf177ade81.jpeg

Artificial light. 
Mausolus_8.jpeg.c52d7c2d77ceb0a2a5da950f220c3c51.jpeg

Edited by Curtisimo
  • Like 10
  • Heart Eyes 1

5 hours ago, CassiusMarcus said:

Are you a fan of natural sunlight for your photos or artificial? 

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-20 at 12.31.27 PM (1).jpeg

5 hours ago, CassiusMarcus said:

CassiusMarcus, That's a fantastic group of tets 🤩. How about a group photo of the reverses 🤔? I always prefer natural sunlight ☺️.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Al Kowsky said:

CassiusMarcus, That's a fantastic group of tets 🤩. How about a group photo of the reverses 🤔? I always prefer natural sunlight ☺️.

ah yes, I always forget to do that... I will take a pic tmrw when the sun is up in the same spot for the reverses! 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 9:36 PM, CassiusMarcus said:

Holy Moly! I've missed this thread, that tray is fantastic! So many gorgeous portraits, the Poliorketes, Perseus and Mithridates are my favorites among them. What wooden cabinet is this that you use and what are the diameter of the holes? I also would like to se the reverses of the same tray!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spargrodan said:

Holy Moly! I've missed this thread, that tray is fantastic! So many gorgeous portraits, the Poliorketes, Perseus and Mithridates are my favorites among them. What wooden cabinet is this that you use and what are the diameter of the holes? I also would like to se the reverses of the same tray!

heyo!

Thank you so much for the compliments, I would say my favourite is the Perseus as well.

Its one of the Davis cabinets, and I do not know the diameter but the Perseus tet is quite difficult to remove LOL and that's a 34mm coin, so around there I would imagine.. sorry not entirely sure

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CassiusMarcus said:

heyo!

Thank you so much for the compliments, I would say my favourite is the Perseus as well.

Its one of the Davis cabinets, and I do not know the diameter but the Perseus tet is quite difficult to remove LOL and that's a 34mm coin, so around there I would imagine.. sorry not entirely sure

Yeah the Perseus is gorgeous. I hope to be able to get one myself in the future. Was bidding on one in one of the heritage auctions in August but it ran away in price. 

Ohh Davis trays and cabinets are gorgeous, I ordered one myself from him during the pandemic. It was made for denarius so a bit too tiny for my tets.

On 9/4/2024 at 8:36 PM, CassiusMarcus said:

A lovely display! If you don't mind me asking, where did your source the drawer itself from? I'm looking for something similar to better house my own RIC collection... I'd love to know where yours is from!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Gumrum
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AncientCoinnoisseur said:

Wonderful, wonderful tray! Those portraits are beyond stunning, I wouldn’t know what to choose!

Do you have any nice tets with a shield? Those are some of my favourite designs!

These are my only two tetradrachms:

IMG_5105.jpeg.bd5e1e5bd876ac8617ee163f6f1c5a27.jpegIMG_5296.jpeg.874b9586f09e3cc124462e462b426cda.jpeg

IMG_5109.jpeg.5a753927e699647947d362e649284503.jpegIMG_5483.jpeg.bc0f9806b3ff11324924deba53430b18.jpeg

Awesome coins! 

Nothing like that, unless you count Athena using a shield on the reverse 🤣

I've always wanted one of those Macedonian Protectorate tets, super cool! 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

5 hours ago, Gumrum said:

A lovely display! If you don't mind me asking, where did your source the drawer itself from? I'm looking for something similar to better house my own RIC collection... I'd love to know where yours is from!

Thanks in advance!

I actually got it from a fellow collector who liquidated his stuff, 

Its one of these https://www.robdaviscabinets.co.uk/ 

Highly recommended! Great product. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CassiusMarcus said:

I actually got it from a fellow collector who liquidated his stuff, 

Its one of these https://www.robdaviscabinets.co.uk/ 

Highly recommended! Great product. 

@Gumrum I can also highly recomend Rob Davis, he's super nice and made sure the cabinet was done exactly as I wanted. He's based in UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1