I am selling my coin collection at Numismatica Ars Classica

TheTrachyEnjoyer

https://www.biddr.com/auctions/nac/browse?a=4973&c=116643

Hello everyone, I am selling my collection of late Byzantine coins at Numismatica Ars Classica. Ive recorded an episode where I discuss some of the coins in the consignment linked above, where you will also find the sale itself. Take a look as there are some real rarities being offered!

Edited by TheTrachyEnjoyer
  • Like 18
  • Mind blown 1

Good luck with these trachea.

They are real and required an advanced numismatic background to be identified correctly as they are.

Maybe the trachea (and tornese ) are now having a decent starting point (price) and not sold as ''bulk copper lot coinage''.

This is only the start for late byzantine coinage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, theotokevoithi said:

Good luck with these trachea.

They are real and required an advanced numismatic background to be identified correctly as they are.

Maybe the trachea (and tornese ) are now having a decent starting point (price) and not sold as ''bulk copper lot coinage''.

This is only the start for late byzantine coinage.

Thank you, and I certainly concur. I have some larger things in the works for late byzantine numismatics beyond this sale as well! This is a field that has much work left to be done

Edited by TheTrachyEnjoyer
  • Like 5

Some dreadful looking copper there, yikes. I get it though, Byzantine is a tough series to fall in love with. I'll participate (half-heartedly)

Was really hoping for stavrata and basilika.... why are these so hard to come by of late? Yeah, I know, rhetorical.

Rasiel

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rasiel said:

Some dreadful looking copper there, yikes. I get it though, Byzantine is a tough series to fall in love with. I'll participate (half-heartedly)

Was really hoping for stavrata and basilika.... why are these so hard to come by of late? Yeah, I know, rhetorical.

Rasiel

I'm overly fond of the stavraton and its fractions as well. I hope they don't become too popular. 🙂

• Like 2

''Dreadful looking'', indeed for some of them.

But these types are the expression of cultural identity (mainly religious) of the issuers using images on coins.

Rare thing for coins and not one of them is identical with another (peculiar way of striking).

Louvre museum in Paris is preparing a new Byzantine and Eastern Christian Art department, which will put on display nearly 20,000 objects of Byzantine art until 2027.

These coins will become popular (thematology) and the prices will go up. It is a newfound underestimated cilvilization, i believe.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sand said:

@TheTrachyEnjoyer I won 1 of your coins. I'll wait until I have the coin in my hands, before I reveal it.

@TheTrachyEnjoyer What did you think of the auction?

Did any other Nvmis Forvms members bid on any of @TheTrachyEnjoyer's coins?

Thanks, Im excited to see what you won. The unique and AR coins went for significantly less than I expected and there was a decent amount of unsolds for the low end bronzes. That aside, a number of the AE coins did surprisingly well. Overall it went ok.

• Like 1