I wish all coin finds had a similar ending

Rand

I like the story of this coin find reported by BBC. It combines the preservation of the historical context of the find and the interests of three museums, a detectorist, a landowner, and collectors.

A hoard of hundreds of historic coins found by a metal detectorist - one of the largest hauls of its kind - has sold for £132,865 at auction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjd5lm98j45o

image.png.7d348276f2fc752f336483f09a8fd74b.png

• Like 13

I think I have the check my garden in the south of Belgium, near to the French, German and Luxemburg and at 500 meters of the excavation of a roman villa. I already found a neolithic arrow-head , but a few of ..... Roman coins, no problem in Belgium : in your property, it is yours.

• Like 1

Here is something from the hoard.

Gaius Vibius Pansa Caetronianus Denarius, 48BC
image.png.90f5e647511be22ecf47d9983b029302.png
Rome. Silver, 18mm, 3.16g. Mask of Pan right with Pedum behind; below, part of moneyer mark; PANSA. Jupiter seated left, laureate, holding patera in right hand and sceptre in left hand; on right, part of moneyer mark; on left, inscription C•VIBIVS•C•F•C•N / IOVIS•AXVR (Cr 449/1b). From the Helmingham Hoard 2019 (SF 291).

• Like 6