SPAIN NOW CONSIDERS "ANY" COIN OVER 100 YEARS OLD THEIR 'CULTURAL PROPERTY'?!?..WTF!

ominus1

...for the last year i've concentrated on Medici coinage, mostly in Italy but i am now bidding on them in other countries and today right before an auction i find out the Italian coin i;m bidding on in Tauler & Fau (a Italian testone of Ferd. ll) is going to have to go thru that BS....man i'm about ready to go back to ebay & stay!...or i might  just start selling my coins....

• Like 1
  • Shock 1

2 hours ago, CPK said:

If you're buying the coin, it becomes your property...you may have to wait an extra week or two for export documentation but you'll get it eventually.

ok then( all my  coins)they are all US cultural property eh/!... i don't think so....

Edited by ominus1

30 minutes ago, Nerosmyfavorite68 said:

I just avoid Spain.

..i emailed them as asked them to cancel my bid and i vowed never to buy any coins from Spain again...  

Your bid has been cancelled

Inbox
Search for all messages with label Inbox

Remove label Inbox from this conversation

AGPWSu-ZtX9mJsnl_0HoxxObVlek2fD8yr0NWvEK9E84dlwnDnOv2y03Z2tgfqEMOxt7yzpTFw=s40-p

Tauler & Fau

• Benefactor
5 minutes ago, Roman Collector said:

I have never had a problem buying a coin from Spain. 

I haven't bought anything from a Spanish auction house in several years. As far as retail dealers in Spain are concerned, some of them strictly observe the export permit requirements, resulting in long delays. Others appear to have a talent for figuring out reasons why they never apply, resulting in immediate shipping.

• Like 3
  • Yes 2

• Benefactor

I didn't experience any delivery delay at the Spanish end with my most recent purchase from Spain, through MA Shops.  The problem occurred at the US end when I received notice from the USPS that the shipment was being returned to Spain due to an incomplete address.  The state code was missing.  Even so, the shipment got as far as "out for delivery" at my local PO.  The following morning I had to go to the post office when they opened.  I left the information about the shipment (I had to go home because I wasn't feeling well).  Fortunately I got a message from a supervisor that an "intercept" was successful, so I was able to pick up the package later that morning.

I can't imagine what would have happened if the shipment was sent back.  I'm just glad that things work out for the good this time.

My previous experience with Spanish coin dealers has been positive.  I think I only bidded once in a Spanish auction back in the 2010's and not since.  

Edited by robinjojo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ominus1 said:

,,..well i can't fault the auction houses doing what they have to do....but Spain calling coins minted in Italy their cultural  propert7!?    i ain't gotta put up wid it....

I agree, the whole cultural-property thing gets carried way too far, but I'm just curious how it affects you exactly? I mean, you can still buy coins from Spain, right? They haven't cut off all exports have they?

• Yes 1