Is this coin worth buying for the price?

JayAg47

I’ve been watching this listing for the past week, going back and forth on if I should bid. If the listing were to end at the opening bid (which I doubt), it would still be close to the spot price of the coin’s gold content. Even if it reaches $1000 aud, it would still be a good deal.

IMG_9483.jpeg.46fab8d18039b6b26d32672f6155fc99.jpeg.6ff146b5dabe00f59e1684a0df8dfc35.jpeg

But, the catch is on the reverse with the lamination issues around Caracalla’s face, which is stopping me from pulling the trigger. 

IMG_9484.jpeg.3c6733462e7f22dcc2e88c72933512d7.jpeg.62523933bf2845b1d595ff65df5a1e96.jpeg

What would you do? 

Edited by JayAg47
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Just sold for the opening bid, I still think it's a genuine coin and a great deal going by the gold weight alone. However, I decided to pass on it due to the lamination issue bothering me. If it were to be on the surface I'd have bought it, but not on the face. 

Edited by JayAg47

24 minutes ago, JayAg47 said:

Just sold for the opening bid, I still think it's a genuine coin and a great deal going by the gold weight alone. However, I decided to pass on it due to the lamination issue bothering me. If it were to be on the surface I'd have bought it, but not on the face. 

I don’t think the gold is very pure.

• Like 1