Did something happen to the Ancient Coin Podcast?

Nerosmyfavorite68

4 hours ago, Postvmvs said:

The channel just crossed 100K subscribers, which is an insane number for a niche channel getting a few hundred views per video. Perhaps the channel got banned for artificially increasing their subscribers.

Seems likely and if so, The Ancient Coin Hour probably won't be far behind

image.png.63e1b709c8441e52892c66d69931ed24.png

• Popcorn 1
  • Yes 2

11 minutes ago, Limes said:

It hope it gets fixed. I enjoy the show. I saw a new episode posted, and when I clicked on the link, I was shown the same message as AncientJoe. 

Is anyone a member on their Facebook page? Is something mentioned about the situation, there? 

Their response on Facebook

Screenshot_20241011_073305_Facebook.jpg.2c64b8bb8f857c135e3e2a662dd8664e.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nerosmyfavorite68 said:

don't recall anything too out there happening in the latest one

Maybe Nomos took them out for the podcast’s impertinent suggestion - admittedly over quite a lengthy section- that 752% buyer premiums or whatever absurd number it was now is too high.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Those "bots" are terrible. It's just as bad, if not worse on Instagram. Simple comments get flagged by the mod bots and you get comment ban suspensions or account bans and it's brutal to get an account back on instagram. There are loads of posts made daily on the instagram sub-reddit over it.

• Like 1

Mike Nottelman mentioned on another forum that it was likely due to the new short segments, excerpted from the podcasts, and that one, taken out of context, was verging on NSFW, and was flagged by the bots.

One of my favorite youtubers makes jokes that would make John Waters blush, and nothing more serious happens than demonetization.  It's strange how these bots work...

4 hours ago, Deinomenid said:

Maybe Nomos took them out for the podcast’s impertinent suggestion - admittedly over quite a lengthy section- that 752% buyer premiums or whatever absurd number it was now is too high.

Seems like Heritage would have a 'bigger axe to grind" with Aaron as he was always complaining about them. 

• Like 1
  • Yes 1

Just received this:
« Thanks for your concern.  Youtube's bot took down the entire page for a short clip on the Roman erotic tokens for nudity.  We are appealing to an internal team, and I am told it will take time but should be put back up as the nudity was educational not sexual in nature.  Not sure why they would not just take down the one video and not entire page, but it is what it is.  We are on top of it and working hard to get it fixed.  

Thanks again for your concern and support. »

Aaron

Edited by Ocatarinetabellatchitchix
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Ocatarinetabellatchitchix said:

Just received this:
« Thanks for your concern.  Youtube's bot took down the entire page for a short clip on the Roman erotic tokens for nudity.  We are appealing to an internal team, and I am told it will take time but should be put back up as the nudity was educational not sexual in nature.  Not sure why they would not just take down the one video and not entire page, but it is what it is.  We are on top of it and working hard to get it fixed.  

Aaron

I was catching up on their podcast and just watched the video in question a few days ago. Although "sexual" in nature it's not any more offensive" then other coins or art depicting a nude scene. And the video in question has been on youtube for a while so someone must have recently filed a complaint. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ocatarinetabellatchitchix said:

Just received this:

Aaron

Banning for posting Spintriae? Seems suspiciously similar to another site we're all familiar with...

• Like 1
  • Shock 1

On 10/11/2024 at 2:19 AM, Kaleun96 said:

Seems likely and if so, The Ancient Coin Hour probably won't be far behind

image.png.63e1b709c8441e52892c66d69931ed24.png

As one of the hosts of this podcast, I can 100% say none of those views are “artificially increased.”  Best.