Photo Stitching Programs

Simon

• Benefactor

I recently had to scrub my computer, and I failed to back up an old version of Fotor that I used. I primarily used the program for stitching the new photos of the OBV and REV into one picture. 

I have failed to find the old version of Fotor and the new version is a bit more complex. Before I learn the new program I wanted to see if there are better options. So suggestions are very welcome. 

I use word for the background colors on each photo. 

I know this is a basic question but I do not get a lot of time to learn new programs, so if I am going to do it I would like to do it with a simple program, I try not to modify the coin pics much, I try to keep the appearance as true as possible. 

Thanks in Advance.

Simon

• Like 1

I use the easiest method (for me)

After I have the "original pics"

P1170474.JPG.fd6b7e3f62428e7be2098d3ed9d3d55f.JPGP1170475.JPG.fd2d5c190140d3d511573a69d5dc45e9.JPG

I crop the relevant section, put them side by side in Paint and crop again the full relevant section

For cropping I use Snipping tool - standard tool in WIndows. 

image.png.49b3f34e417a79785dc99abc893ff1a6.png

Usually I use the free website remove.bg to add backgrounds.

image.png.20e087a56bd40e0880538172c93e6a45.png

Edited by ambr0zie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use Microsoft Paint. I run 2 instances of Paint. I paste the obverse photo in the 1st instance of Paint. I paste the reverse photo in the 2nd instance of Paint. I clip the 2 photos, so that I have the same amount of background in the 2 photos. I resize the larger of the 2 photos, so that the 2 photos have the same number of vertical pixels, and so that the coin is approximately the same size in the 2 photos (this will happen, if I have clipped the 2 photos to have the same amount of background in the 2 photos). Then, I click and drag the right edge of the obverse image toward the right, to expand the obverse image horizontally, to create a blank area to the right of the obverse photo, so that the reverse photo will easily fit in the blank area to the right of the obverse photo. Then, in the 2nd instance of Paint, I simultaneously hit CTRL and A on my keyboard, to select all of the reverse photo. Then, I simultaneously hit CTRL and C to copy the reverse photo. Then, in the 1st instance of Paint, I hit CTRL plus V to paste the reverse photo. The reverse photo will appear on top of the obverse photo. Then, I use the right arrow key on my keyboard, to move the reverse photo to the right.

Edited by sand
  • Like 1